Frame with supports to place at angle and hollowed model optimized for 3D Printing and easy to print. It also stay up straight and flat.
Perfect gift for a special day.
Scale at your needs, i recommend the maximum size your printer supports, the bigger the better it looks.
Buy link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183690338124
- Hollow: Hollow model with no infill nor tops, it spare some grams but is less robust and more flexible, perfect for fix on wall, But no problem for other uses.
- Solid: Inside model is hollow, it only have the top layers, so you need bridging. More robust and less flexible.
- Modular: Allow print letters and heart separately, perfect for color print the heart. It also allow you to print bigger if you want.
NOTE: Don't mix modular hearts with other frames or languages, each frame have it own heart due lateral supports to insert into letters, please choose with care.
- Choose one variant to print
- Choose the photo and use our template
- Scale it to fit inside the heart, move the hearts to the desired position
- Cut the photo, don't need a perfect cut-line, the heart have a border to hide that line
- Glue photo to the border OR print one PhotoHolder for a glueless fixture
- (Optional hint) Paint the heart with acrylic tint, red for example, your guess.
Wall fixing: To fix on a wall you need to break the supports and make it flat, or just cut them in slicer. You can use nails, screws or other things at wall to support the frame. Use L and E as placeholder. When using solid version just drill the layer, but do it with care.
19/02/2019: Added AMOR (PT language to Love) frame. Fix modular frame to have infill. Increase modular tolerance to insert heart into slots. Lower support counterweight height to 3mm.
17/02/2019: Added modular frame, template, better photo holder.
16/02/2019: Photo cuttoff decreased, better ratio.
15/02/2019: Thicker and bigger font. Added Solid (Need bridges) and Hollow model.
13/02/2019: Upper supports, add counterweight and increase angle due lack of weight to hold the frame.
White & Red
Best Slicer Tweeks (Letters and Heart):
Bottom Layer Fill Pattern: Hilbert Curve
Perimeters: 3 to 4 up to fill walls
Infill: 0% OR 5% to 10% if your printer can't bridge well
(Heart) Supports to bed only when printing the Heart
Text Template Steps
NOTE: The templates are for 100% of the models. If you scale them you also need to scale the hearts for the template, use math to do the convertion.
- Open Word template, use A4 or 100mm version dependent on your papper size
- Choose photo and import to Word
- Scale photo to the heart, i recommend start with 8cm to 9cm lenght
- Click inner heart and while holding CTRL click on outter heart to group them
- Move the hearts into photo and find the best framework (The inner heart is the visible part of photo, so you must look for it and preview the result)
- (Optional) Trim photo a bit to spare some ink, all outside outter heart will be trash
- Overview the result and modify now (If needed)
- Remove inner heart by click it and hit delete
- Print at best quality and photo papper if you have.
- Cut by heart line
- Insert into heart
- Insert photo holder and press it all around
- (Modular Variant) Verify if heart inserts into slots, if is too hard trim the heat supports a little bit just to fit into letters. Insert and push heart into slots. If top or bottom layer crack due force do not worry use gue! (Optional but recommended:) Remove and put glue inside slots, push heart again an let glue get solid, this will put the frame rock solid.
- Enjoy your artwork
(See steps below)
1. Prepare & Print Photo
3. Cut by upper heart line
4. Insert photo into heart them photo holder and press it all around
5. Enjoy your art
6. (Modular Variant) Insert and glue!
(Modular Variant) Verify if heart inserts into slots, if is too hard trim the heat supports a little bit just to fit into letters. Insert and push heart into slots. If top or bottom layer crack due force do not worry use gue! (Optional but recommended:) Remove and put glue inside slots, push heart again an let glue get solid, this will put the frame rock solid.