I bought some lights for this truck and updated my files to allow for easy instalation/wire management.
I redesigned the "Spacer" and the "Servo Tray", which now has 2 versions, for a 9g or a 55g servo; with the 9g one, it's possible to fit a smaller battery in the hood.
I also added some new parts which I hadn't required yet, such as the "Front and Rear Bumpers" and the "Double Spacer".
I got a JJRC Q60 truck and some WPL on the internet. Unfortunately, the metal axles aren't a straight swap, so I had to design and print new housings. Then, one thing led to another, and most of my truck is 3D printed!
Up to Now:
- Front and Rear Axle Housings and Covers;
- Spring Suspension;
- Steering Servo Tray;
- Gearbox Servo Stopper;
- Chasis Spacer;
- Axle Lifting Mechanism.
After re-doing the axle housings I had to redo the suspension, the leafs on the original suspension kept bending and the transmission axle upgrade wouldn't fit properly (had to distance the axles by a few milimeters).
Then, I wanted to upgrade the steering servo, maybe I went overkill, but it does the job. Although, to fit the servo I had to remove the cabin seat and floor and I added fittings to attach the cabin to the tray.
The screw holes on one of the chasis spacer got stripped, so I made one with tigther holes.
In the middle of prototyping this, the truck wouldn't turn properly, I supposed it was for having 2 rear axles, the front wheels would slide sideways. So, I made a mechanism to lift one of the rear axles. I've since realized this problem was due to having the battery placed too much back, but since I already designed this mechanism, I made it available.
Next I want to improve these parts, make a cover for the battery that doens't look out of place, and finally, order some lights and design housings for them.
As with most my projects, I made no permanent changes to the original parts, so if you wish to go back, it's just a matter of swapping parts.
It's just a matter of orienting the parts in a proper way and using supports when necessary.