A model of the SpaceX Dragon spacecraft V1. The model depicts the variant that is used for NASA's Commercial Resupply Services program. This model is drawn in inches to true size, this was done to make it easier to change and keep track of its scale.
Certain aspects of the model were drawn inaccurate on purpose because to draw them realistically would cause problems during printing (Ex:solar array thickness, trunk thickness, trunk depth, alignment guides on the Common Berthing Mechanism...).
I created this model because I wanted something more accurate than the model already on Thingiverse.
Note: If you use this model then remember the license requires you to attribute.
Please let me know if there are any issues with the models.
Model description: Basic capsule shape with no detail.
- Dragon capsule simple.stl
Model description: Heavily detailed capsule.
- Dragon capsule complex.stl
Model description: Capsule, trunk and solar arrays are one piece. Capsule has no detail.
- Dragon spacecraft joined simple.stl
Model description: Capsule, trunk and solar arrays are one piece. Capsule is heavily detailed.
- Dragon spacecraft joined complex.stl
Model description: Model is meant to be displayed on a flat surface and is intended to be assembled without glue. The trunk is removable and the solar arrays can be rotated a full 360 degrees. The capsule is heavily detailed and has four holes on the bottom of it to help keep it attached to the trunk. Trunk depth is limited to avoid conflicting with how the solar arrays are attached. This is the version seen in the main image.
- Dragon spacecraft exploded Capsule.stl
- Dragon spacecraft exploded Trunk.stl
- Dragon spacecraft exploded Solar array.stl
- Dragon spacecraft exploded.stl
- Dragon spacecraft exploded.dwg
File description: AutoCad source file.
- Dragon spacecraft.dwg
File description: The Dragon spacecraft files that were on Thingiverse from 8 Juanuary 2013 to 8 July 2013.
- Old Dragon spacecraft models.zip
Common spacecraft model scales:
- Dragon_spacecraft_joined.stl = 1.8 inches (46 mm) tall and 4.8 inches (122 mm) wide.
- Dragon_spacecraft_joined.stl = 3.5 inches (89 mm) tall and 9.6 inches (243 mm) wide.
- Dragon capsule = 2.0 inches (51 mm) tall and 2.1 inches (53 mm) wide.
- Dragon capsule = 3.1 inches (79 mm) tall and 3.2 inches (81 mm) wide.
- Dragon_spacecraft_exploded__Solar_array.stl = 6.7 inches (170 mm) wide.
- Dragon capsule = 6.1 inches (155 mm) tall and 6.3 iches (160 mm) wide.
- Dragon_spacecraft_exploded__Solar_array.stl = 13.4 inches (340 mm) wide.