A fancy bunting banner / garland with several strings attached to poles and customizable text. Its good e.g. as birthday table decoration. Or if you want to give names to your plants.
Customize the object to show your own text: Press "Open in Customizer" above or install OpenSCAD on your own computer.
- You need to increase the pole distance if your text is wide and touches the poles.
- If your printer is printing holes slightly smaller, the pole feet might not fit onto the pole base. Increase pole_foot_wiggle to e.g. 1.05 then.
You can customize:
- The shown text. Note that you can generate as much lines as you wish. Just follow the format already present in the customizer.
- The font size, for each line individually.
- The type: Either "Pole-with-feet" for a table or "Sharpened-poles" to stick into the earth of your plants. New: There is a "Pole-with-feet" flat version available for e.g. shipping it via mail. Thanks go out to rlsmith46 for the idea.
- The font. It is optimized for "Spicy Rice". It might work with other fonts, but be sure to use one which is pretty.
- The pole distance, the distance and thickness of the letters, the height of the thread where it goes through the letters, also per line individually.
- How the letters are vertically aligned.
- How much the threads hang
- How tight the fit of the pole base in the feet is
Bugfix: When increasing the pole distance, there was a bug before which detached the strings from the poles. Thanks to rlsmith46 for finding the bug!
If you could take a picture of an actual print, please publish it via the "post a make" button. - I am curious to see your uses in the wild.
If you like it, also check out my configurable text based creations, sweeping name plate, multi-line label, customizable text box III, pyramid text, name plate, Customizable text box with lid and round text. Have also a look at my configurable pack of dogs and rabbits. Or see the customizable filament swatches to have an overview over your material.
Thanks go out to chrisvb and zeroTM that i can use the photos of their prints "Lock your computer" and "Happy birthday Benjamin"!
.2mm and 20% infill.
No support needed. Print it like it is generated, it will be fine.
Push the feet with some force onto the poles. They are supposed to stick without glue.
The strings are floating, they should print fine. If you are unsure, print the Test-STL file first. Its using minimal filament, so you can try wether it will come out fine.