Snap Together Raspberry Pi Enclosure
by builttospec, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a derivative of my previous Raspberry Pi enclosure that ditches the light pipes and bolt together design for an easier to assemble case with strong durable Delrin clips to hold everything together. It's got fewer parts than the previous case and it's been designed for compatibility with Adafruit's Pi Plate prototyping board.
Many of the mods to this new version where contributed by Thingiverse user RoboLemur.
This design has been updated to support both models of the Raspberry Pi board (A and B), with custom sides for each and a better standoff design.
- Compatibility with the Adafruit Pi Plate and Cobbler kits
- Fewer parts and easier to assemble than the previous version
- Strong, durable Delrin clips hold everything together nicely without having to juggle nuts or worry about snapping parts by over tightening bolts and everything comes together with a very satisfying "snap"
Cut the black lines and etch the red lines. Clips are 1/8" Delrin, the new standoffs are 3/32" Delrin, and all other parts are 3mm (1/8") acrylic.
More pics and full assembly instructions on my blog here:
And I've made kits availiable in my store here:
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
Snap Together Raspberry Pi Enclosure by builttospec is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving builttospec a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure builttospec would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).