An informational booklet that can be printed and handed out to students and 3D-printer beginners to help them understand the basics of the 3D printing workflow and community.
The individual pages were designed in Photoshop, then put together into a booklet using InDesign.
I designed this booklet specifically for undergraduate Art students at my university, but using the source files you can easily modify the booklet to work for your workshop or institution.
Table of contents:
- What is 3D printing?
- How does it work?
- What can I do with 3D printing?
- Overview of the 3D printing workflow
The 3D printing workflow
- Get a 3D model for printing
-- a. Downloading a model
-- b. Designing your own model
- Preparing and slicing the model
- Printing the model on the Replicator
- Finishing your prints
- Resources for learning more
- Inspirational people to watch