This is my version of the ultimate MK3S. It consists of a large collaboration of creators BUT I have modified many of their parts in order for best printing results. These results come from building 7 MK3/MK3S kits, each one improving on my own custom remixes of the parts for the best results. I will include some instructions, if there are no instructions on some parts, that means the instructions can be found on the original creators page which will be credited at the bottom. Some parts will need to be printed from the original creators and should be self explanatory. Additional screws and hardware will most likely be needed.
ALSO please follow my Instagram @render.labs for future updates and prints! Appreciate it!
Vekoj X Axis Motor Hold and Camera Arm/Camera Parts:
- I edited the original motor hold from Vekoj to accommodate for my custom camera arm.
- The custom camera arm needs a M3x18mm screw and M3 nut to fit the GoPro style Pi V2 Camera and the mount.
- The camera will be mounted in the camera front and back mount and attached to the camera arm.
- This piece will be attached on after the z-chain is linked.
- A zaribo/vekoj carriage will be needed depending on MK3 or MK3S
- Uses 16T idler and a 2.95mmx15mm dowel (from Zaribo site)
- Print 14 of these z-chain links and clips.
- Attach together and attach to camera arm.
- Carefully attach to motor and place wiring through the z-chain and add clips.
- Don't forget to print the LAST LINK it has a larger bottom piece to attach to the case.
- Print with supports but remember to block supports on the spiral wrap square nut spots or you will never be able to remove them.
- This attaches to the z-chain and replaces the original stock EINSY base
- The reason I removed the X and Y cable chain was because it will destroy and fray your wires and makes maintenance very difficult. Believe me.
Pi Swing Case and Pi Hinges:
- You will need M2x8mm screws and nuts to attach the Pi to the case,
- You will also need an extra M3x8mm screw and square nut to attach to the EINSY case.
- Print with support everywhere
- Also print two of each of the hinges and attach using four M3x10mm screws and nuts.
Rubber Foot Holder:
- Stops the annoying rubber feet from shifting around and falling out of the frame.
- You should purchase M3 3030 extrusion hammer t nuts to install these, they are quite difficult to install but worth it. Good luck fitting these in as it can get frustrating.
Y-Axis Bearing Holder:
- Needs round button M3x18mm screws
Credits and Changes Made:
Vekoj X-Axis Tensioner:
Prusa i3 MK3 Cable Chain Add-on (llj3663):
- Edited the entire EINSY case to use spiral wraps instead of chains as the chains damaged the wires except the z-axis.
- Made the EINSY Base thicker as well as parts of the Pi case for strength on print removal.
- Kept original z-chain links and clips and Pi hinges
- Edited the z-motor attachment to accommodate for Pi V2 camera
MK3 Rubber Foot Holder (Volan):
Pi Camera (sneaks):
Y-Axis Bearing Holder (Deasha_ltd)
Use standard FAST PETG profile in Slic3r PE