NinTastic - Bishop Fox Edition - Nintendo Style Case for the Raspberry Pi
by bishopfox, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Bishop Fox edition of the NinTastic - a Nintendo-style case for the Raspberry Pi.
For more info, see the original NinTastic post at:
NinTastic - Nintendo Style Case for the Raspberry Pi
- The NinTastic case for a Raspberry Pi prints in 3 pieces that can easily snap together:
First, print all 3 pieces (top, bottom, and flap).
- Insert your Raspberry Pi into the Bottom piece. Raspberry Pis can be bought here:
Step 2a (optional):
- You may want to add black rubber feet to the Bottom piece, like those found here:
- Carefully attach the Top to the Bottom. Start from the back and work your way to the front for sliding in the little snaps that will hold the Top and Bottom together. I suggest fitting in the corners in this order:
- Back – HDMI side
- Back – non-HDMI side
- Front – non-HDMI side
- Front – HDMI side
Carefully slide the Flap into the Top, line up with 2 holes already in the Top piece.
Two color flap (different color NinTastic logo)
- Done by printing face up (with rafts and supports), and pausing print at 96% to switch out filament for different color. As soon as it starts to print the NinTastic logo, pause the printing. Guide on doing this:
Print Times – on a MakerBot Replicator 2
- Standard Quality (with rafts) – 1 hr 46 min
- Standard Quality (with rafts) – 2 hr 31 min
- Face up for 2 colors (with rafts and supports):
- Standard Quality – 32 min (pause at 96% 30 min to switch color for logo)
- High Quality – 1 hr 3 min (pause at 96% 1 hour to switch color for logo)
Hardware – Known to Work with the NinTastic
Raspberry Pi – Model B
- Amazon.com: Raspberry Pi Model B Revision 2.0 (512MB))
- Amazon.com - Kootek Aluminum Heatsink set for Raspberry Pi - Set of 3 Heat Sinks
- Amazon.com - Motorola Micro USB Charger (5V, 850mA) Model: SPN5504 (Good for RaspPi)
32GB / 64GB SD Card:
- Amazon.com: Samsung 32GB PRO SDHC
- Amazon.com: Samsung 64GB PRO SDHC
- [Raspberry Pi - Nintendo Game - Image - BpqBlmw.jpg]( http://i.imgur.com/BpqBlmw.jpg)
- Amazon.com: SNES Retro USB Super Nintendo Controller: Video Games
- Amazon.com: Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller
Rasp Pi Case
- Portable setup, case fits the NinTastic, 1 USB game controller, 1 Micro-USB power cable, and 1 HDMI cable
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
NinTastic - Bishop Fox Edition - Nintendo Style Case for the Raspberry Pi by bishopfox is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving bishopfox a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure bishopfox would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).