Loading
mackhistory

Shendrones Squirt Antenna Mount for U.FL Micro AXII and Immortal-T v2

by mackhistory Mar 7, 2019
Download All Files

Thing Apps Enabled

Please Login to Comment

What kind of range have you had this out to? I'm considering duplicating this build for my Squirt V2. It would be my first Crossfire build and I'm curious about how far I could safely go out with this. I'd be using it with HDOs and the Rapidfire module with the Immersion RC antenna set.

Beautiful designs by the way, I printed the antenna holder tonight and it came out perfectly. I'll post my make as soon as I get the Squirt built.

Thanks!

I've only flown it a couple of hundred feet away at this point, around trees, with no drops in LQ. I am also using HDOs with RapidFire, and the AXII omni/patch antenna. To me the video is very clear with no issues, but I don't have a ton of experience with other configurations to compare.

Let me know what your experience is once you've flown with it!

Thanks for getting back to me!

I'll reply back when I've got this up in the air for sure, can't wait. I'm just printing out the TPU ducts, it's proved very challenging to say the least.

I noticed on your new build on Rotorbuilds that you mentioned having trouble printing TPU. Check out this filament I got last Friday that combined with a few Cura settings tweaks (retraction to 1.5mm @20mm/sec, combing = all, print speeds all set to 20mm/sec) has solved my issues: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074DV9JMX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you don't feel like messing with it anymore please feel free to message me, I'd be happy to print you a set of TPU ducts for the cost of shipping.

Thanks! Figuring out the TPU duct printing has definitely been a challenge, but a fun one. My printer (Wanhao D6) is direct drive, but there is a gap of about 4" after the extruder where the filament is fed through a 2mm hole in the gantry block before it enters the hot end. Most of my issues have had to do with the filament binding up in that 4" passage. It is a weakness in the design of this printer.

Thanks for the offer - I might some day take you up on that. For now it seems that increasing my nozzle temp to 230C has helped, by making it easier for the filament to flow through the nozzle and reducing backpressure.