V1.2 Coming soon
Cap and Fusion 360 file.
I updated the dimensions and the style of the exacto knife. Here are the changes…
1) The thread is now 15mm long. It was 10mm before. The overall length is now 35mm. Reason? That’s where the stress point is at when you hold the exacto knife. When you put the collet(horizontal print) and collar(vertical print) together. It will make the exacto knife strong as heck.
2) It’s now easy to insert a new blade.
3) Small touch up for my style.
1) New knurling style. Better gripping when you want to change the blade.
2) I changed the dimensions for tolerance.
3) The overall height is now 21.50mm. It was 16.50mm before. I wanted more surface
area to grip and remove the blade.
1) I made it easy to print on your 3D printer. Use raft before it collapse to the ground. No
2) New design on the handle.
The first version to be uploaded to thingiverse.com. This exacto knife works perfectly on wood, plastic, paper, and metal. I'm aware the handle is printed vertical on the picture because the threads is optimized that way. Either way, it passed the strength test at my job for 8 hours straight. Make sure you print all the parts at 0.08mm layer height and follow the picture instructions. This will test your printer performance and your skills.
Ebay Brand PLA
Please follow the pictures information.