Farlig 550 Modular Quadcopter
by Hexagon, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
After numerous crashes with my CrossFire quadcopter, i decided on designing my own machine with wooden arms. It's tested and is flyging like a boss, but I'm still making fixes and changes so the design is in no way final.
It's designed to be rock solid as (i use powerful motors and plastic arms tend to bend and vibrate), to use as little filament as possible for weight and cost, and also to be modular with accessory mounts both front and back.
Current blender-file is available under the file-section if you want to modify something or derive.
The finished version will include an Raspberry Pi and camera for live telemetry, LTE-fpv and video recording using https://github.com/Hexagon/node-copter (also work in progress, but working).
- Added raspberry PI Model B+ shelf
- Added podium-style mount for the arms (i mounted the GPS on one of these)
- Updated .blend-file
- Added (work in progress) photo of current status, with RPI B+, Camera, LCD and WiFi
- Updated design of top/bottom-plated. Fixed non manifold error in mesh.
- Updated design of the accessory shelfs.
- Added large shelf.
- Updated .blend-file
- Updated .blend file with the latest fixes
- Re-uploaded landing gear, accidentally uploaded g-code instead of stl earlier.
- Updated nut trap of landing gear, and beefed up the whole nut trap area.
- Added optional plate spacer to mount two accessory shelves with a single bolt
- Updated motor mount, it's snug fit so you shouldn't need to use the outer hole
- Beefed up the landing gear and made it look a bit nicer
- Top and bottom plates adapted to fit any FC/Distribution board with square mount between 30 and 46mm
- Generic accessory mount front and back on bottom plate, and on back of top plate
- 3 accessory shelves added, one small, one mini and one custom for rpi
- Hole carved in top plate to make space for the sd card of a raspberry pi
- FC/Distibution board spacers is now a separate piece
Designed for motors with 16x19mm mount, Power distribution board and FC mount holes can be any of any size between 30mm cc and 46mm cc. (HK Red MultiWii , KK etc fits like a glove).
Wooden arms should be about 21cm each.
Normally the motor mounts should be a snug fit, but if they are loose, theres an extra outer hole that can be used, i only use the one closest to the center of the quad.
Note! The top cover has no mounts yet, don't print it unless you want to make some own :)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Farlig 550 Modular Quadcopter by Hexagon is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Hexagon a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Hexagon would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).