BLUF: If you want to get the most out my Legion card tray (LCT) system, print the LCT 2-upgrade (5mm x 1mm magnet hole) along with the left and right 2 upgrade addons, glue in magnets and enjoy your modular tray that can hold 2, 4, or 6 upgrades!
The LCT is designed to be modular so that you can print the middle section (LCT - 2 upgrades (5mm x 1mm magnet holes)) and then print the 2 upgrade addons (left and right) to give yourself more slots for upgrades when you need them with the ability to take them off when you don't. Note, the left and right 2 upgrade addons will connect on either side, I just made them this way so it would be easier to tell which unit the upgrade(s) are attached to if you decide to connect all of your unit trays together.
I have also included options to print a 4 or 6 upgrade card tray if you know you're always going to run 3+ or 5+ upgrades on your unit, and you can always throw a 2 upgrade addon onto the left side of the 4 upgrade tray if you need more slots. You could also throw an upgrade addon onto the 6 upgrade tray but I don't think any current units can have more than 6 upgrades (however in the future some unit might, you never know).
All of the trays card slots are oversized by 1/8 inch to accommodate card sleeves and the magnet holes are oversized by 0.2mm to help mitigate the effects of layer expansion. If the holes are still too tight you can use a 5mm (~13/64) drill bit to enlarge them.
- 9/27/2019: Added a token tray that can attach to the top of the unit tray and hold the unit token and/or misc. tokens
- 9/24/2019: Increased magnet hole size to hopefully eliminate the need to drill out holes, sorry for any inconvenience.
- 4/11/2019: Oversized the magnet holes to reduce the need to drill out the holes. Created a 2 upgrade add-on module that can connect to the ends of the card trays so you can easily change the number of upgrades without having to switch trays. The 4 and 6 upgrade trays are still available but if you have magnets the 2 upgrade tray and 2 upgrade add-ons are recommended.
- 4/10/2019: Increased the space for the cards to better accommodate card sleeves and added version with holes for 5mm x 1mm magnets.
- 4/8/2019: Modified the trays so that the cards in the lower bays can be removed from the bottom (V2).
- 3/21/2019: Added two additional card trays, one that holds a max of 4 upgrades and one that holds a max of 2 upgrades.
The magnet holes are sized for 5mm x 1mm magnets which you can get pretty much everywhere. I got 150 for around 6$ US off amazon. In theory, you could put any magnet that has a diameter <5mm.