This is my mod to the XY carriage.
Made to be printed on the side to give better layer stiffness against the bearing.
Double clamps for the X rod for less play of the rods.
Works without further modifications and same carriage travel.
Included Endstop flag is compatible with original endstop holder.
For Misumi LMUW10, 54mm bearings the travel might be shorter if you had the bearing go inside the XY motor mount. Holds the bearing better for less play.
All parts print without supports, as oriented. Tried with both PETG and Nylon with Carbon (AddNorth Adura X)
--- 29/09/2019 ---
- The V3 has tighter fittings for the 8mm rods. Now 8mm instead of original 8.4mm.
- The new V3 SquareNut version uses 5,4x1,7mm square nuts and the holes are 5,8x2mm. It also has diffrent depth for the parts holding the idlers to acomodate a NyLoc nut of 4mm depth.
Here are the needed screws:
- 10mm M3 for holding the 8mm rods on outer end.
- 12mm M3 for holding the 8mm rods on inner end.
- 30mm M3 for Nyloc nut. 28mm works for regular Hexagonal nut.
PrimaCreator EasyPrint PET-G
Prints on the side as layed out.
Tip from comment on the HEVO Facebook group is to print the second one 180° on the horizontal plane to account for any offsets in the current XY gantry.