This is my second attempt at making a ratcheting reel. I made the first one and while it was functional, it wasn't very practical due to its size. So I decided to make another attempt, using what I learned from the first. I slimmed it down to about half the original width. Then I removed the front "spout" that was way to big and simplified the design. The only parts that carried over at all are the spool pieces, but those were still modified to fit this design. I also removed the long handle and replaced it with a simple round knob on the reel. The button was made from scratch and this one has a larger, stiffer spring. This design is also more "streamlined" without the external screw points on the previous one.
I'm currently in the process of printing and assembling this one. So far, I'm happy.