Yes, this really IS the best oil funnel that I have ever used! Try it and if you find that it's the Cat's Meow, consider buying me a coffee. :-) Thanks in advance!
- locks onto the valve cover. Adapters designed for VW GTI/Rabbit/Golf/Jetta; VW mk7, and Ford F150 V6. If it doesn't fit your car, send me your specs or remix it yourself.
- holds the draining oil bottle
- There is also a "Big Bertha" funnel for those using the big gallon jugs of oil.
- drains as fast as the oil coming out of a quart oil bottle.
- No venting, but I haven't seen a need. If you experience a problem, just pull out the dip stick.
Files & notes
- WARNING: Please print the adapter in nylon. The last thing you want is it to break off in your valve cover!! Please see pictures of what could happen with PETG.
- NOTE: Adapters have left handed threads so when you remove the funnel from your car it has a tightening action.
- funnel.stl (PETG). 20% fill with 5 perimeters. I used a brim just to be safe.
- vw-adapter.stl (Nylon, 100% fill, 5 perimeters)
-vwmk7.stl (Nylon, 100% fill, 5 perimeters)
-F150aa.stl (Nylon, 100% fill, 5 perimeters) This adapter requires an O-Ring the same size as your oil cap. I'm not sure the size because I used the one from the cap that I bought to base my model on ... and then I gave the whole works to a friend.
- BigBertha.stl A friend didn't care for my "Best Funnel" and instead just wanted a BIG funnel for dumping from a 5 Liter bottle.
- blank-adapter.stl Just a threaded tube.
- GasketDie.stl for cutting gasket between bottom and valve cover (PLA). This only marginally works. Sandwich between 2 steel plates and crush in a vice. You'll need to finish the job with a razor. I used 1/12" neoprene gasket material from Amazon.
- For sealing top and bottom parts, I recommend permanently sealing the threads, or maybe Nylon tape.
If you want to do a remix with an adapter for your car, the only way to do it would be to merge the blank adapter onto your design. The reason is that Fusion 360 "fixed" the trapezoidal threads that I used on this and now you can't generate compatible threads.
Amazon Basics PETG, Nylon, PLA