I wanted rock solid mount for my RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller (Aliexpress this one) so i was searching and found some pretty neat designs, but none was good enough! i wanted it to be bolted with M5 bolts to T-nut screws on 3030 extrusion (Hypercube Evolution, thanks to Scott), but on the other hand, i didn't wanted any screw to be "visible" and thats how i designed this! its NOT TESTED YET, but will be in the next few days, there are pictures of it how it should looks like with the LCD in it, also there are some semi transparent pictures so you can see what is going on "under the hood" :)
if you have some corrections or concerns, leave a comment and i will do my best to answer all questions!
I printed it, the back side of the lcd case came out beautifuly that is snap fit for the screen (maybe too snap as it was pushing the cables little bit) also my not yet fully calibrated HyperCube had hard times with the grills that i was afraid to cause nozzle crash (which luckily didn't happened) will update more later today. Stay tuned
P.S. I will modify the grills and some other minor details for easier printing today.
Added v1.1 of all files
What was changed?
- Simplified the grill (now are squares that has more connections to the surface) for simpler printing!
- Made the back part taller by 1.5mm to be easier to fit the cheap LCD in it
- made holes for the cable smaller also to be simplier to print on most printers
- made thinner inner-frame for the screen that was too thich which was causing nozzle blockage at me (was 2mm, now its 1mm)
- connected the bolts holes on the front side to the frame, to add rigidity (at me it is kinda wobbling when squeezed, that was on first version)
- button v1.1 prints without support
Added top part with integrated X button (prusa like) which should make things easier and prettier
the 2nd version is not tested at me, so please leave a comment if it worked at you!
(however it will work 99%, as the 1st version work excellent at me!)
*Affiliate link, thanks in advance
Except for the button (which is very tiny at the bottom), there is no need of support for other parts, it should weight 45-55gr total PLA, it has 1.2mm walls on the "bottom" part, while ~1.0mm walls on the top part except on the curved corners
The button v1.1 no need support and work better than first version