This is a "tougher" version of the brilliant OpenScan 3d Scanner designed to withstand a shared fabrication lab environment. It remains fully compatible with the original electronics and arduino sketch.
- 608zz bearings at axis of rotation
- 8mm bolts with nylon locknuts for axle
- Removal of all press-fit parts
- Brass heat-set inserts for all threading
- Reinforcement of printed parts
In addition to the printed parts, you will need the following:
You can replace the M8 bolts, locknuts and washers with 5/16" hardware.
No additional support is necessary. Insets for the bearings are supported by breakaway structures included in the .stl files.
All parts were printed / tested on a Lulzbot Taz 6 with .5mm nozzle.