Nik's Dremel CNC is a wonderful great thing.
While building it I did a few modifications to gain even more from it!
All parts are fully compatible with the original Dremel CNC.
- Print at least 4 of them with flex material, simply slide them into the T-Slot Profile and you are good to go.
- extended range on X-axis (throats coupler)
- limit switch mount on right, left and top
- fix screw holes for linear bearings on the back
btw, for best mechanical/physical strength I recommend to print the part laying on it's right or left side.
X-Axis Carriage right
- chamfer instead of roundings for better printing results
- hidden linear bearing
- hidden T8-lead screw
- room to fully throat the coupler
- hidden stepper motor mount screws
- holes to optionally secure linear bearings with 2 screws
available in 2 options:
Option A) almost hidden stepper Motor for smaller outer dimension builds
Option B) outside mounted stepper Motor (in some cases a more useful design)
Y-Axis Motor Holder left
has reinforced side walls
Y-Axis Motor Holder right
- reinforced side walls
- allows to mount the limiting switch fully integrated
Spindle Mount for 55m 400W (and maybe others) BLDC Spindle
- optional integrated slots for (lock) nuts
- room to fully throat the coupler
- maximum Z-axis range
- integrated limit switch "nose"
Cable Chain Mount Clamp for NEMA17-Stepper Motor
- check out https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:11978 and print quite a few (I printed 48) elements as well as the end pieces
- print the X-Axis Carriage right Option B (see above)
- print the clamp, click it on to the stepper motor and mount the end piece of the cable chain with 2 M3 screws to it
Cable Chain Alu-Rail Mount
Option A) if you have your 2020 Alu-Rail laying flat on your table
Option B) if you use the TPU-Foot
- slide it into the right T-Slot Alu-Rail
- screw the other end piece of the cable chain (see above) with 2 M3 screws to it
Y-axis rod holder (right or left) with integrated emergency stop button
the solution consists of 2 parts, i.e. the modified rod-holder and a close. It has been designed around this cheap emergency button. The rod holder has a hole that allows to route the wires for the button to the underside of the CNC machine. this works excellent together with the TPU foot. choose from either option (right or left).
Option A) left Y-axis rod holder
Option B) right Y-axis rod holder
10mm higher Y-axis rod holder & motor holder
rod holder (with or without integrated emergency stop button) and motor holders (right with integrated limit switch) extended by 10mm in Z-axis.
Depending on the spindle used these parts give a bit more Z-axis range back.
10mm higher X-axis carriage right & left
if the 10mm higher Y-axis rod/motor holders are not enough or as an alternative there are now also 10mm higher X-axis carriage parts to gain more Z-axis in case needed.
If you require them, this depends on your spindle and/or base board and/or waste board thickness.
updated 55mm spindle holder with optional integrated dust absorber
the new 55mm spindle holder allows for more spindle cooling and consists of one part only, as the clamp is directly part of it.
the main reason for the new spindle holder however is the newly introduced dust absorber that can be mounted optionally to this spindle holder
dust absorber with detachable skirt
the dust absorber sucks all the dirt coming while milling directly from its origin. it is built by means of several parts:
- the main part to be mounted to the bottom of the updated 55mm spindle mount.
- 2 clamps to support mounting the absorber to the spindle mount.
- together with the screwed on close the absorber ends up having an integrated drain allowing for a very optimized air flow. the close also takes 3 round neodym magnets 6x2mm
- skirt holder also takes 3 round neodym magnets 6x2mm and which allows for quick detaching to easy access and replace your tools on the spindle.
the actual skirt gets mounted by means of a zip tie.
- skirt made to be printed of TPU. this flexible part channelizes the airflow for optimal absorbing
the absorber is made for a flexible hose purchased on amazon. outer diameter 30mm, inner diameter: 25mm
added Cable Chain mount for NEMA17 and T-slot alu rail
added Y-axis rod holder with integrated emergency stop button.
added 10mm higher parts for
Y-axis rod holders & Y-axis motor holders.
added modular dust absorber
updated spindle mount for dust absorber
updated cable clamp with integrated dust hose holder
added 10mm higher x-axis carriage parts left and right