(Somewhat functional) Rubiks Cube V1
This is a model that you can print and assemble, paint the sides, and start having fun with your rubiks cube.
Word of warning: This is my first thing, i am a beginner with blender and 3d printing, so this model is still far from perfect, but the proof of concept works fine. Next version is probably gonna be designed in a CAD software, because the blender workflow is too destructive.
- Some of the Pieces are designed without tolerances
- The pins don't have a mechanic to be fixated in the holes to keep the cube together.
- To put everything together you will have to use sanding paper
- The cube will fall apart if you dont hold it together (or come up with a way to fix the center piece pins to the center cross, allowing free rotation).
If you like this thing and/or have a nice idea or contribution feel free to comment or criticize.
Assembling steps are fairly obvious:
- Attach the 6 center piece pins to the center cross.
- Assemble each of the sides by sliding the edge pieces between two corners
- Use little force to assemble the last piece ;)
Also, lots of thanks to Josef Prusa and Prusa Research for inventing and selling the MK3S, it's an awesome printer and i thing you guys deserve praise for making it affordable! If a version of the MMU with 7 colors comes, this would be the perfect model for it :D