A friend had a piece of furniture with finials on the top - during a move, one got lost. I was going to take a photo and trace that, but didn't feel like getting out the good camera, so I tried my hand at reproducing it using a fully constrained parameterized sketch, taking measurements with calipers. Probably the hard way to go about things, but it allowed me to print the template (using the same profile) and test it against the actual part. Exported in high resolution and printed at 0.050mm layer height and this has to be the best surface finish I've gotten straight off the printer.
I used wood fill PLA and am leaving it to the owner to figure out how to stain it to match!