I made this rail because i didn't want to spend 1500€ on a 200mm - All in one - touchscreen system.
Most of the parts are cheap, easy to build or change and open source.
Minimum movement is 1µm ! Supports professionnal DSLR with macro lens.
What you'll need :
- 8 mm threaded shaft with anti-backslash (very important for the precision) x1 (length 400mm here)
- 8mm steel linear stem x2 (linear guidance) (lenght 400mm here)
- 2x20mm Aluminium section 1x (lenght 400mm here)
- SCS8UU sliders x4
- M5x8 cleat x 10
- M6x30 bolt and nut
- M4 x 15 bolt and nut x2
- M4 X 15 bolt x 16
- 608ZZ bearing x 2
- Nema 17 motor x1
- 5 to 8mm coupler x1
- Sunon 40mmx10mm fan (12v with 5v tension)
- 12v relay
- manual remote control for your camera's brand.
For the Electronic i'm using a corsair VS350; very convenient for 12v and 5v and excellent quality.
Software : https://www.makerfr.com/cnc/r-cnc/r-cnc-partie-logicielle/
Arduino : Ramps 1.4 on Mega2560
Stepper : A4988
I don't ask for tips, just take a look on my website; you'll see what you can expect from this setup :)
Sunlu PETG or PLA
Supports are important for the motor piece.
The more infill the more resistant and precise.
33 is good !