DOES NOT WORK WITH MMU2S
For that have a look to MyMiniFactory
I am the owner of a Original Prusa MK3 with MMU2 upgraded with the Bondtech extuder.
After receiving the MMU2s upgrade, I wanted to implement the new mk3s IR filament sensor but keeping my Bondtech extrudor.
After trying the mk3s sensor house for Bondtech mk3 extruder, I have made some changes to be better fixed to the extruder.
The original design from Bondtech can be found on the Bondtech GitHub.
You need :
- a Prusa MK3
- a Bondtech extruder for Prusa mk3
- the upgrade kit for MK3s (coming also with the MMU2 to MMU2s upgrade kit sent to MMU2 owners) for the new IR sensor, the magnets, the steel ball and the sensor nut
- 2 M3 square nut
- 3 M3 8mm screws
- 1 M3 16mm screw
- a M10 pneumatic coupling (M10x1mm)
Thinks you need to do to make it working :
2 April 2019
- Need to keep a small part (2 to 3 mm) of PTFE tube in the extruder below the sensor housing.
- Due to the fact that the new sensor of the Original MK3s extruder works when the filament is in the idler door (reaches the drive gears), it cannot work with the Bondtech one and MMU2S
Chris Pretty PTEG V3 profile