After a long wait and a lot of tweaking on my part it's finally here, version 2 of my bass guitar body!
Fully tunable and playable, this body will make sure you stand out at your next gig.
It retains it tuning like any other bass and plays great.
It uses a Yamaha RBX170 neck as a donor neck.
It has a precision- and a jazz-pickup.
The core of the body is strengthened with 2 10mmx steel rods which are 35cm long.
In the previous version of my bass guitar body I only had the printed parts, which seeing the tension in a bass guitar is not enough.
Black / Red
I printed all parts flat on their back and with a brim/skirt of ~10 layers to negate corner lifting/pulling.
For strength use a high infill with a strong infill type, I used 50% "full honeycomb" infill.
sanding, rinsing, glueing, soldering, mounting, rocking
After printing I sanded all edges flat and made sure all parts fit together as they should.
After all parts were sanded I rinsed them off under the sink to clean them and let them air dry overnight.
The next day I glued the 10mm steel rods in place in the upper center body part using epoxy.
Using a 2 component epoxy from Bison I then glued the core together and pressed then together using some glue clamps inside of the pickup slots.
After the epoxy hardening I then glued the sides on and let that harden overnight again.
I then started on the electronics and mounting the rest of the hardware.
When that was done too, I was ready to rock.