I have been printing some prototypes using Nylon trim line as a filament. It was not that easy learning how to get quality prints with Nylon. I thought that it might be useful to others if I shared what I have learned.
- Pictures show slic3r settings I used to print the bottle opener.
- Also some of my prototypes are in the pictures. Sorry, but those are not open source.. If you're curious tho, check out my project on Kickstarter for the details: http://kck.st/SptQOA
- Here is a link to my tutorial on printing with Nylon: http://imgur.com/a/fGbEv
Print it out of Nylon filament.
- Use section of nylon filament for a keychain ring.
With section of filament in place, use a lighter to weld the ends of filament to the outside body of the bottle opener.
- 'Shnap' open a cold one with your cool new bottle opener!