After creating a back mounted control box to fit a MKS Gen L board in 2 versions (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3502425 and https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3508238), I have now switched to the 32-bit SKR V1.3 board. This required an additional opening for the sd card.
The box integrates with a cable chain connection for the heated bed. It replaces the cableChain_40MountSide from the cable chain at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2920060. You can now connect the cable chain directly to the control box. The left control box also holds an opening in the back to feed through a cable to the PiCam.
Please note 1:
- You will need to use feet under the frame in order to lift the frame up 20mm. As most people have damper feet anyway, this should not be an issue.
Please note 2:
- There are two versions for the left cover depending on whether or not you use the y-axis limit switch (possible to do sensorless homing with TMC2130's)
All shoud fit snugly as the dimensions are the same as my previous uploads.
Some Ender-3's have the connection for the stepper motor cable on the bottom, in that case you will have to unscrew the stepper motor and turn it so the connection is at the back and doesn't get in the way of the cover.
Fusion360 file included.
- Remove supports
- Temporarily remove y-axis endstop and y-axis stepper motor bracket
- Slide box in rail
- SKR board can be fitted with original board screws from the Melzi board
- Raspberry Pi 3B slides over the mounting points
- Slide in a 40x40x10 fan
- Covers are put in place with 2x M3 and at the back with a M3 with M3 t-nut (if you don't have them, you can print them: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3050607)