This is a zero frills, un-fancy looking spool holder. The reason I made it is because I want to put it in a dry box with a spool, so I didn't want it to take up any more space than necessary (I also want an eva-dry dehumidifier and a hygrometer in there).
This thing is made to add 4 skate bearings to, and just keep the spool off the ground. I added a little hot glue on the end of the pegs to keep the bearings from slipping off. There are several parameters that can be customized:
- bodyThickness -- the thickness of the chassis, thinner to take up less space, thicker for strength
- bearingDiameter, bearingWidth, bearingInnerDiameter -- 22x7x8 for standard skate bearings (from what I understand), if you have different bearings, you can change these.
- spoolDiameter, spoolWidth -- currently set from my measurements of monoprice 1kg spools, set them as needed. Fake your spool a little wider to give it some space within the chassis.
- bearingClearance -- how far the bearing should be off the ground and from the front/back of the chassis
- spoolClearance -- how far the spool should be above the ground