I really love the musical chess set created by twinger24's student and decided to print it for my girlfriend's birthday. But I ran into some issues while printing it. Most, if not all, of them were due to unclean files (I suppose they were done with TinkerCAD).
So I cleaned them up with SketchUp and changed the metrics so that they are consistent with one another. The thickness is notably now uniform at 5mm. Now they print nicely and smoothly.
I also updated the files in order to have a better connection between the pieces and their respective base. Now they should snap easily with a little bit of strenght and be harder to remove.
You need to print for each side:
2x Base Royal
8x Base Pawn
Don't hesitate to post makes, I'm curious to see what you will do with this remix :)
White + Black
I recommend plugging the base with the piece as soon as it gets out of the printer so that it is easier to do because the plastic is still a little bit soft. In addition, the plastic will harden with the stud inside for additional strength.