What: A reusable Molle "Break Away" Clip.
The clip is meant to come apart when a "significant" amount of force is applied and stay together under "normal" use.
This Molle clip uses single sided fasteners with a paracord compatible hole. If you don't want the clip to "break away" safety wire or tie wrap.
Why: Have you ever been in a very tight squeeze and you are hung up on a piece of gear that you can't reach and wish it would just break off. Yeah ... this is for you or your search and rescue animal.
Size: See Design
How to use: See Post Printing
Note: Rescue Cats can get into places rescue dogs can't. However they can be a bit harder to train.
My Molle Quick Clip is here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3577260
For each clip print:
In Slic3r or other program rotate:
- Rivets so the largest flat side is down.
- Base so that the largest side is down
- Top so that filleted side (the curved edges) are up.
How to use
- Insert rivets into the top side (the piece that is totally flat) that have the curved edges. It should be a tight press fit.
- Insert the base into the molle gear.
- Press fit the two pieces together.
- If desired add paracord to one end. It should still breakaway at the other side.
To disable the Breakaway feature:
Safety wire or zip tie both sides.
Put a nail in the paracord hole, wiggle and pull.
Width: 20 mm
Body Thickness: 2 mm
Body Interior Length: 75 mm
Overall Length: 105
Paracord Hole: 4 mm
Gap for Webbing: 2 mm
Rivet Diameter: 10.9 mm
Rivet Hole Diameter: 11 mm
Max Thickness (at rivet): 8 mm