I purchased a used Airforce Airguns Talon SS in .22. Little did I know that the early versions of this rifle did not have any baffles in the shroud. It is my understanding that baffles come standard in the current version. There is a kit that you can buy to add baffles and upgrade your pellet rifle available for $80 but that just wouldn't be me. The store bought kit comes with 3 baffles and a spacer. I went with 4 slightly shorter baffles and a smaller spacer. Whether this works better than the paid set I do not know as I've never heard it. These work well enough that I can shoot it in my back yard late at night and not have to worry about the neighbors being disturbed. That's good enough for me.
I tried to get a sound benchmark before the addition of the baffles but it didn't work out. The app I used on my phone reported 77 decibels prior to installing. Once installed it also read 77 decibels which is clearly erroneous. I went from something almost as loud as a 22 rimfire to a nighttime backyard plinker in a dense urban environment.
Making the kit:
I used Hatchbox PLA for these as I tend to have a little more precision with this than when using ABS on small parts. I ran out of blue half way through but other than color the white is the same. I've put about 30 pellets through it so far and they're holding up fine. If I have longevity issues I'll give it a go with ABS or TPU. For infill I used 25% with 3 perimeters all around. Supports were used.
Once printed I very slightly filed out the center holes and checked pellet clearance. This was by design because I wanted to do the final sizing manually.
I then removed the front barrel bushing from the barrel and drilled 5 1/8" holes to give the gas more room for expansion (the store bought kit comes with a drilled bushing for this purpose as well).
After this I drilled two 1/8" holes in the rifle frame underneath the foregrip for venting. This works very well because the foregrip blocks dirt and debris from entering while letting air out.
I then reassembled the rifle and added first the spacer, then the 4 baffles. Everything fit perfectly and there is no movement of the baffles once the front cap of the shroud is put in place.
I'm happy to say that it is way quieter and accuracy has not suffered in the least.