This is a heavily ruggedized version of the slim wallet. I travel a bit and having a solid secure wallet that's not too large and can handle abuse is a must. After printing a number of of other wallets, I finally concluded I liked the slim wallet's overall size but it was just too fragile for me to carry while traveling. This version has handled much abuse and never let me down when printed in PLA (I like carbon fiber reinforced the best).
Among the improvements are the following:
- added a clip with heavy reinforcement to prevent it from breaking through the body even with a wad of cash. I regularly carry 5-10 bills folded in thirds and this design has never broken or cracked with use.
- Edges raised a bit to snuggly cradle bills and prevent them ever coming sliding out. Works well even when tossed roughly into TSA bins at the airport.
- Hinge mount on the body was reinforced with widening triangle shapes to maximize it's strength.
- Every time I'd put the eject lever into place on the original design, I'd get a crack or two on the body where the spreading stress was passed. This is corrected by adding a couple mm of thickness and more triangles to spread the stress out.
- An extra bit was added to the outer lip of the lid where it contacts the edge of your cards. This part will catch and prevent the cards from coming out even if held upside down or shaken.
I hope you enjoy using this wallet as much as I enjoyed editing it!