laser cut labels
by mattvenn, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
makes cool laser cut labels for platic storage containers.
why this is cool:
- you can use this to make your own DXFs. The SVG->DXF pipeline seems to work well on the Bristol Hackspace laser cutter.
- you could link this program to a spreadsheet and automatically cut your own labels as you add new items.
- a good laser cutable font. I recommend this one 'Stencil Gothic JL'
- an old version of pysvg: http://code.google.com/p/pysvg/downloads/detail?name=pysvg-0.2.1.zip&can=2&q=
- some python modules that can query ttf fonts: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/TTFQuery and http://sourceforge.net/projects/fonttools/?source=dlp
- an up to date version of pstoedit http://www.pstoedit.net/
then run from the command line
for a single label
./makeLabel.py --text "tape"
for a sheet, use a newline separated file of text
./makeLabel.py --file labelfile
full options listed by
latest version always on github: https://github.com/mattvenn/cad/blob/master/hackspace%20labels/makeLabel.py
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
laser cut labels by mattvenn is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving mattvenn a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure mattvenn would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).