This is the headdress worn by Queen Apailana of Naboo in the Star Wars III movie - Revenge of the Sith.
- It is made for a 15,2cm ear-to-ear (included) wide head, and included the beads cover. You need to scale in consequence for you.
- There are 2 versions : one full for large printer (uncut version), and one cut in pieces for 15x15cm printers (cut version).
- Tolerance for printers with .4mm nozzle are built in the model for the assembly of the various parts.
- Advised orientation for printing are indicated in the joint pictures, for both case.
- To assemble you will need to print 6 (uncut), or 8 (cut version) pins used as registration keys. See some of the joint pictures for an exploded view on how to assemble.
- The "eggs" are separated for easiness of print.
- The pattern for the eggs, is to be printed flat, and then use warm water or heat-gun on it to soften it and wrap it around the egg to give the proper shape. The center of the pattern is already on the egg to provide a registration and an easy way to center. The fit is very tight, so you might have to file a bit the center of the pattern.
- There is a center "fin", surrounded by two holes, to provide support for the plumes to be added to finish the headdress.
- The front is way much longer that needed, on purpose. You will need to trim it to fit your head shape.
This was performed with the help of the Rebel Legion Galactic Senate detachement leadership: SongOfAmazon and LoraSkywalker (special thanks for the egg pattern).
And with reference pictures from DarkStar Photography and Costuming: https://www.facebook.com/Darkstar7834/