This is an ultra compact enclosure case for Raspberry Pi 3 units with active cooling using a 80mm X 10mm 5v 0.25A cooling fan (not 12v) and a few screws to assemble.
Awesome for PressPI server, OSMC media player, Raspbian computer, or other applications requiring a case and active cooling!
Works with the following Raspberry Pi Models:
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- Super simple one piece design
- Access slot for SD Card and all ports.
- Screw mounted Raspberry Pi and 80x80x10mm low voltage fan
- Print case body
- Print fan cover (optional), use your own, or go bareback!
- Buy Raspberry PI Model B or B+, Micro-SD card, and a high quality 5V==2.5A PSU
- Buy 1-2 80x80x10mm 5v 0.25A 2 Pin Brushless 80mm Cooling Fan/s (eBay for like $7 to $10)
- Connect your fan to the GPIO pins
- Mount the board and 80mm fan using a few misc screws
Rendering below shows an 80x80x20mm fan; unfortunately, it consumes more energy as there's more mass to rotate which upsets the Raspberry Pi 3 models voltage system if powered using the GPIO pin out. Thus, we swapped it out for a low voltage 80x80x10mm fan - all is well!
0.2-0.3 resolution and 35-50% infill should be fine.
Printed on glass with hairspray at low to standard temps using PLA.
Remove the four brim tabs on body unit before assembly; they help prevent corner lift while printing. If you encounter issues, use a brim.