Parametric Ring with Square Cutouts
by akaziuna, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Fully parametric ring created with OpenSCAD.
Learn how to make it yourself in the OpenSCAD tutorial in Getting Started With MakerBot: shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920026723.do
I have uploaded two versions of the code:
- - Version 1.0 is the basic version from the tutorial in the Getting Started With MakerBot book.
- - Version 2.0 is the same object, but the code creates the square cutouts using iteration over a vector of vectors (rotation).
Print with 2 extra shells for best finish results.
The rings shown were printed on a MakerBot Replicator in several different colors of MakerBot ABS (white, blue, black) and translucent red Ultimachine PLA.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Parametric Ring with Square Cutouts by akaziuna is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving akaziuna a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure akaziuna would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).