Space Force One
Similar in concept to the Mercury Capsule Bank only this one you can put a rocket motor in and actually fly!
- Added a small payload cap that allows you to easily add weight and attach a parachute to the capsule. You can either glue it in or place screws at the points where the cap meets the capsule.
- The body is now in 2 parts with a nozzle section you can print in a different color
- The nozzle section has two sets of holes so you can use a paperclip to hold in the rocket motor
- Capsule has been cleaned up for this resolution of print and now sports a "Mercury Joe" style window.
- Tower is a single piece that can be easily glued to the top of the capsule
- Use scrap filament to make the tower's spike
In honor of May the 5th! The day the United States sent Alan Shepard on his first journey into space aboard Freedom 7!
Here is a world re-imagined where the US Space Force was born versus NASA.
Space Force One sent our first astronauts aloft! A Freedom 7 like Mercury Capsule sits atop an upgraded V2 booster.
Fusion 360 Model
- Feel free to modify the Fusion 360 file. Check back often
- You will need some BT50 and BT60 tubing to act as a liner (and a minor insulator)