The tabs holding the part to the bike are weak. One print failed in this area, both tabs snapped. It may have been a print fluke, but to be safe:
- At a minimum use a tether on your GPS (to the windshield for example) to prevent loosing your GPS.
- There is a redesigned part using inserts that is more robust, please print this one instead: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3719560
This is a wedge to replace the part marked "Remove for GPS mount" on a KTM 790 Adventure.
1) You remove the original part (2 screws)
2) From this original part you remove the two metallic captive nuts the screws go into
3) You put the new piece in place
4) Mark and drill two holes in the tabs (I drilled them in place to make sure they were perfectly aligned)
5) Remove the new part from the bike, put the two captive nuts on the tabs
6) Bolt whatever you want on the new part
7) install on the bike.
Enjoy your GPS.
The spacing on the holes are of the AMPS standard, most GPS mount will bolt directly onto this. The nuts holes are planned for 3mm bolts.