This is a design IN PROGRESS!
Click on "Watch" to get notified of updates
Printed the mount and parts cooling fan mount. Based on test fitting made some additional design changes. Reprinted and test fitted to printer. It's looking very good now. Next is to print in PETG and ABS and test fully assembled functional install.
I have updated the Mount, Cooling Fan Duct, and BLTouch mount.
My changes up to now have been adjustments. What I learned is that the original design did not meet all of my requirements. I've taken a step back and did a version 4 of the design. Most parts changed due to new dimensions and alignments.
Design caveats due to the larger assembly with the Titan and motor:
- Probable loss of 5 mm on X axis.
- Possible loss of some Y axis travel.
- Probable 14 mm loss on Z height. (Trade off on Y axis losses.)
I will update after printing and testing.
See Design Updates for changes
I have been debating changing the Bowden extruder to a direct extruder on my HyperCube Evolution. I reviewed many designs and nothing matched all my requirements. I decided to design my own mount for two reasons:
Note: The original fan mount support is moved in this design to the right side of the bracket. I kept the support instead of deleting it because I use it as an anchor for the cabling loom.
This is a design in progress.
Parts that have been test printed:
- Fan Bracket - Good as of 5/12
- Hot End Fan Duct - Not tested to full assembly
Test print of fan bracket
- Added support layer to hex nut holes which needs to be pierced after printing.
- Print with hex nut holes down and slicer supports turned off
- Hardware required
- 2 - M4 Hex Nuts
- 2 - M4 x 20 screws
- 2 - M3 x 8 to mount to X Carriage
Test print of Hot_End_Fan_Duct
- Lowered extruder mount position by 3 mm.
- Re aligned part cooling duct to new nozzle position.
- Adjusted BLTouch mount for new nozzle position.
Part Cooling Duct
- Modified front hanger
- Add custom support to front hanger and rear fillet
Adjustments on Part Cooling Duct.
- Thickened skin from .5 mm to .75 mm
- Adjusted duct filleting for smoother air flow and better printing
Major redesign based on previous testing. Parts that are changing:
- Extruder Mount
- Part Cooling Duct
(10:15pm updated height above nozzle tip to 2 mm)
- BL Touch Mount
None of these have been printed and tested yet. Though I do have high hopes for this version.