I really liked the original wooden sword that I remixed, but I wanted it to be a little more solid. I extruded a hole from the tip all the way to the pommel to accept a 3/4" dowel rod. I used wood glue for a more permanent assembly, and dots of super glue to help alight things while the wood glue dried.
I also redesigned the handle to have four total sections more like the original video game wooden sword.
Again, I loved the first version enough to want to make my own, but I wanted it to be a little different.
Blade I used Hatchbox wood PLA
Guard, Handle, Pommel I used regular Hatchbox PLA
Did the typical sanding to remove print lines one all of the pieces.
The blade I used wood filler to fill in the seams left from the blade pieces, and I also randomly smeared the wood filler up and down the blade to simulated some wood grain for the wood stain to soak into.