This is the MKII release of THE SCATTERSHOT, a foam dart launching, pump action, Spring powered, 3d printed blaster. It fires 3 half darts per shot in a 3 degree spread, is fed from an under slung horizontal box magazine and has a 13 + 1 shot capacity. Read the included build guide thoroughly before attempting to make this. Needs a printer with a minimum volume of 200 x 200 x 180mm.
The changes made to the MKII are
- Slight improvements to the overall aesthetics and some additional detailing
- Redesigned the internals for a larger, more widely available polycarbonate plunger tube. This larger tube gives increased performance and allowed for a better designed plunger tube head that improves dart feeding.
- Made printable alternatives to the two other sizes of PVC pipe used in the build
- Improved the breach hinge
- Some changes have been made to the required hardware, see the build guide for the updated list
This page only includes the blaster, the magazine can be found here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3497413
Stock attachment lug can be found here
To operate the blaster, load the magazine with up to 13 darts per stack, then, with the pump in the forward position insert the magazine by pushing it up and forward into the magwell till it catches in place, the darts must be facing up. then prime the blaster by pulling the pump back all the way till the trigger catches then all the way forward in one swift smooth motion, the blaster is now ready to fire, half priming and slow priming will more than likely jam the blaster. To remove the magazine, push the mag release button in the trigger guard and pull down on the magazine. In order to help prevent dry firing, the blaster will not prime when the magazine is empty. Do not dry fire the blaster, or fire it when the pump grip is not in the forward position, as will more than likely damage the blaster.
I have successfully tried springs up to 12 KG, I don't how much higher of a spring load the blaster can take. I recommend using a 10 kg spring.
The Blaster is loud so I recommend wearing ear plugs when firing it. To avoid potential injury, be sure to wear safety glasses and all other appropriate safety equipment when making and using this blaster.
Thanks to MeakerVI for his work which led to the PVC plunger pipe replacement https://www.thingiverse.com/MeakerVI/about
UPDATE 27th of May 2019
-improved the some parts of the magazine, it now has a 13 shot capacity.