Open Chassis System
This is a Modular chassis system for the inside of a lightsaber. It was designed for a Brewboard but could easily be adapted to other boards using the source files. It’s designed so you can swap out parts or just use the ones you need to build up your chassis, It is also parametric so it can be sized to fit inside several different ID Sabers.
More parts will be coming and I have provided the Fusion 360 files so folks can modify and contribute there own parts as a remix!
- The Adapter part if used should be printed with 100% infill (it needs to be really strong) The rest of the parts have thin walls and infill should not matter so set it however you like.
- The source files may need a bit of tweaking for smaller sizes
- Uses threaded rods for holding parts together and adds strength
- The speaker is a press fit with a small hole to push the speaker out when needed
- You can quickly configure the parts in Fusion 360 by opening the “Modify” menu and selecting “Change Parameters” each part has a number of parameters that can be set.