Fiat 126p aka Maluch
An iconic Polish car from the communist era. Produced to be a car for the masses in a similar way the VW bug was in "the west." Dubbed Maluch (the little guy / toddler) by the people.
It is not a 100% accurate recreation. The model was designed as a toy with 1:64 scale in mind (the traditional scale of HowWheels, Matchbox), so some elements are slightly exaggerated to be more visible on such a small scale. I made it with Gaslands tabletop wargame in mind.
Few random bits:
- If you plan to print the wheels separately, you will need some way of attaching them to the car (lolipop stick and glue?). However, it will be better to use some exiting toy car wheels (smaller hotwheels wheels will fit) for the wheel-less model. It was designed this way so you can mod it into a post-apocalyptic car for Gaslands... or you can always print the model with wheels attached.
- Post-apocalyptic parts to customize this car are in the pipeline, but you can also use any of the awesome gaslands parts available on thingiverse!
- The current model is based heavily on some free models I found online and it has some quirks here and there. I will keep improving it as my modeling skills improve.
- 2019/5/19 - initial upload
- 2019/5/20 - improved the detail on the body, added simple wheels
- 2019/5/21 - fixed the door artifact