Here is a simple design for a small poultry watering device. I suppose it could be used to water any small animals.
(1) V1 35% infill
(1) V2, 35% Infill
(1) V3, 0% infill, play with your settings and walls. This part has to be coated in silicone to make it float if using PLA.
(1) V4, 35% infill, This part has to be coated in silicone to make it hold water if using PLA.
(1) V5 55% infill
(4) V6 or V6 Inside. V6 is pointed to aid in leveling when used outside.
(6) V7 35% infill
(1) V8 35% infill
(4) v9 35% infill
You will also need:
5 Gallon Bucket
Small piece of rubber for a gasket between V1 and V2
(7) 3/4" Schd 40 PVC Pipes cut 8" long (legs)
(1) 3/4" Schd 40 PVC Pipe cut 7.5" long (Fill Tube)
I assembled this with Silicone, you could use Epoxy.
Stagger the V9's on the legs, see photos attached. completing the hexagon with V8, I went for ~2" from the bottom.
Assemble a V7 on the tops of each leg. Use V8 as a template to locate the drain hole in the bucket, 22mm. I used the drain pipe itself to outline the hole and hole sawed it in.
Assemble the V6 of your choice to meet your needs, inside or out.
Affix V5 to the inside of the bucket then assemble the fill tube. Lastly, install V1 on the bottom of the fill tube.
Assemble V4 to the whole assembly. Before things all set up, play around with the float level and the drain tube to make sure you can seal things at the proper heights.
I put the small rubber gasket onto V2 after I had it all assembled.
Do not make the legs longer than needed. The head Height on this is very low and thus was designed for a small amount of sealing pressure.
3D Solutech PLA