The work on this Thing stopped since i got a different hotend now
After I searched and searched and I havn't found an x carriage for Mendel/Prusa so far, especially not a dual one and after all no E3D one, I decided, tu built my own, and this is where I got.
You can mount two E3D v6 hotends in it (Jhead was reported to work aswell), It got two mounts for the 30mm fans which are delivered with the hot end and two 60 mm fan
Please contact me or comment for any modification requests
If you want Custom Models contact me at
V4 BOOM - new top file - which now allows leveling and didnt got that nasty clip anymore!! that got quite some work. I think its pretty soon for final built. I can add now v5 versions.
V3.2 The Fanduct mount is now more stable (maybe to stable)
V3.1.1 Added the little Mount for the Belts
V3.1 Some small bugfixes like adjusting the size og the lmuu bearings +0.1mm
V 3 Changed the Model. Now Modular Fan Mounting System for different sizes
v 2.5 Made a new Fanduct which finally works - yay - but still needs some small Improvements
v 2.3 some small changes like holesize of Bearings or air gaps
v 2.2 Added a new fanduct (hopefully working now)
v 2.1 adjusted a mistake in the height of the "Base"
v 2.0 Printed the carriage - IT WORKS :) However it still needs some adjustments
v 1.5 Added my text "DRAGUNARTS" into "base v4.stl"
v 1.4 fixed a hole in "base v3.stl" where the air of the fans got lost
v 1.3 added a fan duct (note that the whole thing is not tested yet)
v 1.2 Released "top v2.stl" because I forgot to cut out the air holes
v 1.1 Added support for sidefans to cool filament while printing
v 1.0 thing released.
- Dont Print it in PLA (due to the Heat that may soften it)
- Remove all stringing inside so the Air can flow Flawlessly
- When Possible takt low infill so the Weight can be reduced
- Print out all parts.
- Make sure to remove all eventual support Material and ALL strings from inside so the Air can flow without any problems
- Screw or glue top and base together. If you screw it, screw it with the Fan(s).
- Place the carriage on the X axis and put the bearings in place.
- Put in the E3D v6 from the botton to the top. Then take the clip and mount it.
- Wire everything and have fun
Offset between the nozzles: 50mm however. based on your hotend and how accurate the things fit you may have to play around a bit with the value
This may help:
- move your printerhead to the middle of the bed,
- print out a tiny dot from both nozzles manually with your interface.
- move your printhead to the homing position.
- measure the space between the two dots then.