MagHex Doors for Gloomhaven
I designed these doors to work with MagHex Walls and MagHex Tiles. These are inspired by Rbross' door design.
After a lot of testing I have found that the magnets by themselves are not strong enough to keep the doors firmly in place. To fix this, after inserting a magnet into the frame's base, print out a separate MagHex tile blank and glue that to the bottom. This firmly locks the door frame to the MagHex tile and requires no supports!
Currently a work in progress. Proceed with caution!
- All Doors fit in every Frame! Mix and match them to suit your scenario. Thanks to 3DPrintEvangelist for the idea!
- Here are how many frames you'll need to have enough doors to play every scenario:
- Cobble: 6F 2P
- Stone: 4F 4P
- Dirt: 3F 2P (I use stone frames with gates)
- Wood: 4F 2P
- Print Doors upside down for a better texture on the top of the frame.
- Glue a Tile Blank to the bottom of the frames to make them insert into the MagHex bases with a MUCH more secure fit!
- Print and test all doors
- Make more door styles (ideas welcome!)
- Added 7 new door types
- Decided that gluing a Tile Blank to the bottom of the frame was the best solution for firmly locking the doors to the Maghex bases.
- Modified the Cobble frames slightly to accept magnets easier.
- Slightly modified the Cobble door to fit better in the other frames.
- Split these from the MagHex Walls thing to reduce clutter
- Added Stone door and frames
- Heavily modified the original Cobble door design
- Added Gate
- Made all doors work in both F and P frames