Indycar Speedway Rear Wing Fully Printable
I am a french motorsport fan, so when Simon Pagenaud won the Indy 500 on May 26,2019, I had to celebrate it !
I personally don't know what's better than 3D Printing a model of the car's rear wing. Therefore I modeled it, now I'm in the process of printing it (pretty time consuming) and I am planing on painting it to the color of Pagenaud's car.
As you can see in the pictures, this model is MASSIVE !
To put the full scale
version together, you'll need :
- Every STL parts given (including the pegs_x18.STL OR singlePeg.STL)
- Some M4 rod (<100mm x4 and <340mm x2)
- Six (6) 2mm diam. nails cut to <30mm in length
- Six (6) flat-head 6mm M3 screws
- You will also need some Super Glue or epoxy, I haven't figured out which is best yet (If you already figured out for yourself, tell me :] ) EDIT: Used both.
- Four (4) self-drilling drywall anchor (with countersunk screws)
- The attachment part is still in the design fase. I am waiting to have the wing printed in order to model it.
- The model has been cut to fit loosly in a 200x200x200mm print volume. If you're printer is able to print much bigger, feel free to cut and use the "complete" file.
- When the symbole " < " is used, it means that you're suposed to include some tolerances (1 or 2mm will probably suffice).
If you have any question, go ahead and ask. I would be glad to answer you.
Use a higher infill percentage for the pegs.