I love the direct drive mod on my Ender 3 and wanted to do the same for my CR-10s Pro. since I couldn't find a direct drive conversion on Thingiverse I used part form a Hero_Me conversion kit and made one. It turned out really well and has been running good for over a month, very nearly around the clock.
The conversion is not a simple thing and I would recomend at least some experience with splicing and soldering wires to extend the extuder and runout sensor wires to reach the new locations. It is also a little tricky to get the extruder and stepper mounted. It does still require a small piece of bouden tube between the extruder and hot end, I left a 3 inch piece then trimed it to fit as I assembled it. the LED light strip was design to fit on the fan duct, but didn't fit, so trimed off the excess and glued it to the front of the cooling duct.
The original design is for the stock hot end, and it fit and worked great, I now have a microswiss all metal hot end and it still fits and works great.
One of the very first things I did to my printer is convert to a BlTouch sensor. This hole thing was tested with the BlTouch. I have included models that I think will work with the original stock sensor but I have no way to test it.
I remeber one problem with the direct drive model, the 2 holes that are supposed to line up with the old sensor mount holes are slightly off, but I don't remember which direction so I have not fixed it. you can ream them thru with drill if you choose to. I didn't because I am not using those two holes anyway. I also drilled one hole to secure the hot end wires, that hole been added to the model.
I used 2 608 stake board bearings and 2ea. 4mm screws and T-slot nuts for the filement guide/sensor mount, assorted 3mm screws and nuts for the extruder assembly and fan mounts. since it has been a while since I put this together I don't remember exact quantities and lengths, and don't want to take it all apart to find out. but I have listed below where I got the parts.
Disclaimer; I am not a pro at this kind of thing and have limited time
to work on it,
it has taken me 3 months to get to what I have now. I used models form other creators
and built my direct drive around them. I extend a special thanks to the creators of the
things I used to come up with my direct drive unit. Please visit thier things - who knows -
you might find something you like better...
Hero_Me source parts
Light strip mount trimed and glued to front
Roller for filiment guide 2x
Recomend cable support
Extra parts, nuts screws ect. came from these sources that I had purchased from Amazon for other projects;
Ball Bearings for filement guide rollers, $9 for 20:
"608ZZ 8 x 22 x 7 mm Deep Groove Ball Bearing, 20 Pcs Double Metal Shielded"
3mm Nuts and Bolts kit: $19 for 600 pcs set
"iExcell 600 Pcs Metric M3 DIN912 Stainless Steel 304 Hex Socket Head Cap Screws and Nuts Assortment Kit"
T-slot nut and screw set $9:
"Eowpower 90Pcs 20 Series M3 M4 M5 Hammer Head Drop in T Slot Nuts"