I was inspired to complete the exoskeleton project I had started a few years ago... I ended up completely redesigning it.
This version uses a lot less filament, has better mobility and is easier to make size adjustments
I truly like this design and will continue modding and adding to it for a long time.
This version assembles the same way as the previous version. Using a slot in a tab with a cross pin holding them together. It also,uses the same type of BB bearings, the bearing do not need to be oiled or greased.
The gauntlet can be found here. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1982745. You will not need the cuff or wrist connector. These can be easily removed If you have already made a pair. They connect to the outside edge of palm and secure with a press pin.
All the parts press fit together and do not require any glue except the bearing plugs (I used super glue to hold them in). I you decide to glue parts together I recommend using a silicone type of adhesive on the connecting pins only. It will it easier to disassemble parts if needed.
3-4Kg of filament
11/64 drill bit. Use on low speed or by hand to clean out the hole for the bearing plug.
Approximately 1000 .177Cal. BBs. I used Copperhead brand but any should work.
12) 7/8x24 in Velcro straps.
A small hammer.
All the parts were printed on a 6x6 printer with minimal supports.
Future plans include but not limited to: adding Feet, neck and head, mounting brackets for carrying gear, armor, and more.
3D Hero & SUNLU PLA
Black & Gray
Most of the parts do not need any supports. Some of the parts, especially those with tabs need supports touching the build pate.