This is the heavy equipment trailer i made for my Tamiya Tundra w/ Dropped Bed.
It is more like 1/12 scale then true 1/10, since the Tamiya is smaller than 1/10
- All printable on a 200x200 bed
- Cut in many parts for easy printing, most with minimal supports.
STEP and F3D files now available for you to mod the parts yourself
June 21 2019 Bed_Rear_25mm_FW has the wheels 25mm forward, for better balance when using the straight neck. (Less weight on your hitch)
June 26 2019 Added side rails, glue front-back parts together then drill 2.5mm diameter by 4mm deep holes in the bed and use M3x10 screws to fix it.
July 2019 I made some printable dually wheels, needs (1x) M4x35 bolt+nut and (2x) 4x13x5 bearings per wheel. Also print the new Suspension_Swing_Arm_v3.stl to be able to use these wheels. Some light sanding might be required as the tolerances are tight.
- Straight neck info :
- BLANK file is a square end with nothing on it. Use this if you want to design your own hitch system that will easily attach to my trailer.
- 3mm HOLE is a 3mm hole, to attach a rod end of your choice using long 3mm set screws.
- 4mm HOLE is a 4mm hole, blah blah blah :P
- 6mm RING is a 6mm hole in a 12mm ring, like the one you see on dump truck trailers. Maybe you just wanna have a screw or pin sticking out of your bumper, sometimes simplicity just works..
Goose Neck Hitch is made for a Traxxas 1942 rod-end, using (1) of the (4) balls with threads in the package (other balls have a hole instead, will not work). Designed to work with my Tamiya Tundra Dropped Bed, which depending on your model might be higher/lower than mine so please measure carefully before printing to make sure it will fit your model.
- The different parts will bolt on with M4 screws and some nylock nuts and a couple of 4mm rods for the wheel axles and a 3mm rod for the rear ramps.
Comments and suggestions welcome, and you can remix everything to your heart's desire, as long as you publish your work here too.
- Dimensions : about 600mm long (by) 180mm large
- Bed Dimensions : 340mm long (by) 180mm large
Goes well with my other designs :
Tamiya Tundra Dropped Bed : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2990191
RC Bulldozer : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3654785
Scale Chain Binder : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3683701