So, I made a thing! (And updated it!)
Having started with a fan cover as my first print, I thought I'd dress up (over design) it just a little bit, drawing largely from an air cleaner from a car I owned. Over time this became an exercise in seeing how fine of detail I can manage and to play with the medium.
First I built the intake so it could be opened or closed. From there I experimented with supports inside the snorkel and print settings, and had something fairly functional. While I played with detail size and fitting clearances, I added the flames (because flames makes any machine more powerful, that's just science). Finally I added the Von Dutch pinstripes on the front panel to see how cleanly these lines would layer. I could keep fiddling and polishing and experimenting, but for now it's ready to share.
While this is designed to allow the snorkel flaps can be opened or closed, it's obviously best glued together in an open configuration (I left the pieces separate both for detail and so you can print pieces with different filament if you choose). Mine assembled to a height of 18.6mm, so it has just a teensy bit of clearance beneath the bed springs. And it's worth noting that the actual fan intake is a little off center; I don't think it's enough to restrict air flow, but I plan to adjust this in a future update.
UPDATE: By scaling the snorkel parts up an extra 60% it can be fit onto the power supply fan with the adapter (pictured). I think it's fairly self explanatory, but as with the original model make sure you glue the flaps open. It's also worth noting that the rear of the snorkel's clearance is close to the rail, so take care what angle you mount it. Very soon I'll edit the snorkel so it and the mount will more easily clear the railing and can be pointed whichever way suits your printer setup.
Please let me know if you encounter any clearance issues or other problems, and I'll see what I can do in future iterations. Or feel free to improve on it yourself; I'd love to see if anyone makes it better. This is my first share, so I expect there's room to improve as I learn from the rest of you.
I printed each piece with different settings, but the main changes were adding supports to the snorkel parts and I made the flaps piece solid.