UPDATE 07/18/19: STEP files added for v7 model.
UPDATE 06/12/19: Design has been updated to v7. v7 has a 10 degree up-tilt compared to v6 and reflects the angle from the original designs I remixed from. Updated in response to feedback that the cover in v6 does not leave enough clearance for USB power to the Pi for some users.
I love the Super Cover design by yetisnack (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2918314) and it was one of the first additions to my printer. I went with the remix by initialchicken (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3610440) because I like the mounts for the mk3s.
After living with it for a month I decided to make a few changes to fit the mk3s and adafruit 3.5" better and also ended up tweaking a few things;
- Fixed offset issue, now perfectly centered to print bed
- Fixed issue with too much pressure on 3.5" piTFT, now easier to put in and remove (the original pressure cracked a screen while installing)
- Tweaked 3.5" mounting holes for better alignment
- Tweaked space for the 3.5" screen to center the screen
- Tweaked space for the stock Prusa screen to remove excess border and now shows only the screen
- Added two more mounting points for the stock Prusa PCB to allow more secure mounting (use shorted screws so they don't poke through the front of the case)
- Centered the dial hole in the cover to the stock Prusa dial. Mine was offset by almost 2mm.
To print no supports necessary but you do have to rotate the cover in your slicer about 45 degrees otherwise you will get a build volume error.
Design incorporates the Adafruit 3.5" piTFT (https://www.amazon.com/PiTFT-Plus-480x320-Touchscreen-Raspberry/dp/B017PDWNKE/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=adafruit+3.5&qid=1560085908&s=gateway&sr=8-2). The screen displays/controls Octoprint through TouchUI.
I also my Pi attached through a ribbon cable so didn't need the end cap access from the original design. There are two versions available for download, one has a open end cap to use the 3.5" screen as a Pi hat and the other has a closed end for people with a setup like mine and want a cleaner look.
Let me know what you think!
Print does not need supports